- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Weld Tech is in charge of the electro/mechanical maintenance and setup of all automated welding/assembly equipment in the plant on a day-to-day basis, including Robotics, PLC, Weld Controls, Weld Guns, Fixtures, Sensors, Vision systems and pneumatic components. Reporting to the Proccess Engineering Manager
- Mechanical Repair on all Automated Welding Machinery/Robotics
- Modify Weld Fixtures Setup to improve or correct welds/ components position as per drawing specifications
- Support Production Supervisors/Weld Technicians
- Validate and maintain PM records of welding equipment
- Optimize the performance of welding consumables
- Support Plant Quality System
- Active participation in the implementation & development of Environmental Quality Systems
- Participate in commissioning new welding equipment
- Machine Repair
- Strong understanding of pneumatics/hydraulics
- Spot Welding
- MIG Welding
- Community College Diploma in Mechatronics, Industrial Mechanic/Millwright, Machine Repair or equivalent
- 2 years related work experience in a welding manufacturing environment as machine repairman.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Microsoft Office
- Ability to follow guidelines
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Strong analytical ability
- Interpersonal skills are required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Physical ability to lift 50lbs.
- Travel as necessary.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Must be able to lift, twist, bend, squat, climb, stand and walk continuously in close, confined surroundings.
- Overtime as required.
- Weekend work may be required.
- May be exposed to hazards associated with manufacturing.
- Must use PPE.
- This job description is not inclusive. The duties, experience, functions, and any other descriptions herein may be changed at any time and other duties may be assigned as necessary. The company reserves the right to add, delete, or otherwise alter these responsibilities when and as necessary.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.