Weld Quality Auditor
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The weld quality auditor oversees completion of assignments within the Quality Department as assigned by Quality Manager. Assures the quality of welded product daily per assigned testing matrix. Cut through welds on finished parts, measure welds, test weld quality and record results daily. Follow proper reporting procedures when weld quality issues are identified. The incumbent will also be responsible for miscellaneous duties and other tasks within the department.
- Cut and prepare samples complete for micro analysis / examination and measurement.
- Analyze and determine quality level of welds.
- Enter data into Data storage system.
- Analyze warranty return product and report findings.
- Analyze defective Production welds for Root Cause analysis.
- Assist Production Welding personnel in problem solving and process improvements.
- Make dimensional measurements on finished product as directed.
- Communicate test results, issues, concerns, etc to the Quality Supervisor, Welding Engineer and Welding Supervisor.
- Maintain equipment.
- To successfully perform the requirements of this position, the incumbent must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and previous quality experience or the ability to learn/gain knowledge.
- Previous welding experience and understanding of the components of a quality weld. Welding certification strongly preffered.
- Good communication skills both oral, written and math.
- Organizational ability, detail-mindedness, computer skills using Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Proven attendance and safety records with the ability to work in a team environment are necessary.
- Self motivated, Strong integrity.
- Ability to read and interpret customer specifications.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to lift average welded hitchplates, bumpers, etc. without assistance.
- Be familiar with Gas Arc welding and ‘Stick’ welding and have the ability to operate weld equipment. Familiar with best welding practices and quality requirements.
- Willingness to work across all shift times to include overtime.
- Familiar with the dimensional measurement methods – check fixtures, calipers, etc.
- Function in a Team Orientated environment.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4473