- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Alabama, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The weld engineer is in charge of developing, manage, monitor and execute welding processes to ensure the integrity and quality of our products, always seeking to optimize resources and continuous improvement.
- Develop, program and personal reports tear down and pry bar to maintain efficient control of welding processes in the plant, cut and etch and ultrasonic
- To lead the maintaining records of welding plant
- Analyze and submit proposals for improvements to the performance indicators that apply to welding
- Set the frequency, verification procedures and instructions of the welding process
- Addressing flaws in welding equipment in coordination with the personnel
- Present and assist the maintenance manager in the process of continuous improvement
- Develop, implement and monitor instructions rework of weld defects taking care to protect the physical integrity of personnel to perform rework
- Maintenance and capture of monthly records welding parameters
- Quality system support plan
- Establish the minimum and maximum stock of welding consumables
- Maintain the proper equipment for testing of tear down
- Serve customers in normal and special requirements concerning the welding process
- Active participation in the implementation, development of systems of Quality, Environmental and Hoshin activities to achieve the objectives of both systems as well as knowledge of these policies
- Coordinate together with the department quality any engineering change proposal and / or modifications to the welding parameters
- Provide guidance to field personnel via safety briefings
- Provide advice and counsel to management and other employee groups on a broad range of occupational safety issues and decisions
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- University Degree in related field or
- Community College diploma in related field or
- Five years related work experience in a manufacturing
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- ISO 14000 system
- Welding Standards
- Reports welding production
- Continuous improvement
- ISO TS 16949 system
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Good computer skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.