Tool Room Helper
- # of Openings
- Tool and Die
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Tool Room Helper/Die Washer’s focus is cleaning tools/equipment in the Tool & Die Shop, performing house cleaning daily in the Tool & Die Shop, and offering assistance to Tool & Die Makers minimizing down time in the plant.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Takes apart and assembles, cleans and polishes dies or tool and die equipment under the guidance of a toolmaker
- Uses power tools and small equipment to expedite the Tool & Die Maker’s job
- Picks up and/or delivers miscellaneous parts or supplies
- Operates safely and uses proper pressure release and shut down of pressure washer equipment
- Assists Tool and Die Maker on in-line repairs to minimize down time
- Understands how to drain water tank, where to take used oil totes and remove debris from tank on PM cycle
- Maintains die shop house cleaning (trash removal, machines and floor) on a daily basis
- Will be trained to operate die cart, overhead crane and large die forklift
- Certified / operates fork truck
- Completes required documentation / computer entries by department
- Demonstrates responsibility for safety, quality and production
- Has general awareness and knowledge of Quality Polish (TS16949) and Environmental Standards (ISO 14001) and how they affect the department
- Trained on department work instructions and easily identifies location of work instructions in department
- All other duties as assigned
JOB PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Shift if a 12-hour rotating shift on a 2 / 2 / 3 schedule
- Frequent standing, horizontal reaching, simple grasping, washing, climbing ladders and stairs, adjusting, repairing
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
- Must wear gloves (Kevlar or rubber), steel toe shoes, safety glasses and ear protection
- Must have near and far visual acuity, color vision and depth perception for ability to see others and for safety and for product inspection
- Requires being exposed to all seasons of weather, frequent outside exposure
- Pushing and pulling tool carts and gas bottle tanks up and down elevated areas of the facility as needed.
- Must have a minimum high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Must be able to properly maintain records / reports
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.