Quality Engineer - PPAP
- # of Openings
- Ventra Sandusky, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Quality Engineer supports and promotes plant wide quality improvement efforts. Lead and maintain PPAP Process and supporting functions. Evaluate and develop improvement techniques for quality and reliability. Maintain and report on the quality systems using Process Audits (Layered, Flex-N-Gate, Customer required, Control plan audits). Works with employees, suppliers and customers to produce quality products that meet or exceed the customer and plant's requirements. Coordinates Corrective Action and Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Lead the PPAP process to ensure effective process and procedure development.
- Facilitate core team meetings with the goal of achieving PPAP submissions that on time and are in full compliance with Industry standards such as TS and AIAG and Customer specific requirements.
- Obtain customer data and customer prints, monitor revision levels, coordinate, communicate and document changes during the PPAP process.
- Analyze and coordinate all data related to the PPAP of new and revised products.
- Support/ initiate creation and maintenance of PPAP documentation.
- Analyze and verify dimensional / capability of products and processes.
- Develop and maintain APQP / PPAP documentation control, documentation filing and tracking procedures.
- Act as back up for other members of the Quality team.
- Handle customer issues. Review customer testing requirements and ensure that systems are in place to meet them.
- Work with suppliers to ensure testing requirements are being met and over see PPAP process.
- Ensure production is producing quality product to specifications.
- Support upkeep of the calibration system. Maintain records, ensure gages and equipment are calibrated within required time.
- Provide support onsite to customer/suppliers as needed.
- Support prototype builds (document according to prototype checklist inspection process).
- Collect SPC data and report monthly; and work with manufacturing on process improvements.
- Support manufacturing in the development of job instructions and procedures.
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, TS16949, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Define and implement “Customers indicators” to monitor the satisfaction level of the customer and reporting back to management.
- Makes decisions with regard to disposition of non-conforming material and that proper containment and follow up is done.
- Perform additional assignments per manager’s direction.
- Advise on improvements in tracking and reporting procedures.
- APQP and PPAP experience is a must.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in quality engineering or related technology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a manufacturing facility that offered the opportunity to gain a well rounded background in quality engineering.
- Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Knowledge of production process, machines, tools, including design and uses.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office and the use of statistical software.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- Strong analytical ability
- Supervisory and interpersonal skills are required
- Troubleshooting ability is required
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated good internal and external customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- GDT/Blueprint reading
- Engineering specifications and understanding
- CMM/Layout measurement
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4615