Quality Auditor (2nd shift)
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Urbana LLC
Flex-N-Gate is looking to move an experienced Project Engineer to Allen Park, MI. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13thof the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Primary responsibility is to ensure quality objectives and standards are maintained, in turn ensuring customer satisfaction. Must be available to work 2nd shift.
- Perform product and process audits.
- Maintain a safe work environment while complying with the departmental procedures regarding environmental protection.
- Receive built material and components, maintaining corresponding records.
- Inspect, sort and repack product as needed.
- Measure and document SPC, as required.
- Develop and maintain operator and packaging instructions for new and existing programs.
- Assist in training new operators.
- Additional tasks, as needed, by the Quality Department for new launches and continuous improvement.
- Follow and maintain 5S, house-keeping is of a high priority
- Others duties as assigned.
- Must have demonstrated skill for strong attention to detail, effective planning abilities, organizational skills and is self-directed.
- Good attendance is critical. Must be willing and able to work any shift including overtime as needed.
- Must be able and willing to travel to other facilities.
- Proficient in mathematics, read and understand instructions.
- Good computer skills required. Proficient in Microsoft Excel; knowledge of Word, Access and PowerPoint preferred.
- Ability to complete required documentation.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Ability to work with calipers, scales and micrometers, previous experience preferred.
- Experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment preferred.
- Previous experience in quality inspection highly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of TS16949.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.