Project Engineer - Exterior Lighting
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is looking to move an experienced Project Engineer to Allen Park, MI. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position: Provide product design direction and release of new and current model exterior lighting products.
- Provide feasibility of early studio concepts
- Lead design and release of customer defined exterior lighting products.
- Provide direction to CAD members to assure customer design intent is met and all government regulations are in compliance.
- Launch product at customer assembly plants
- Develop/drive program deliverables and metrics which include risk assessments, issue documentation, internal communication, customer communication and problem solving.
- Manage and communicate progress and risk.
- Implement new exterior lighting technologies
- B.S. in Engineering
- Solid understanding of manufacturing, engineering and product engineering disciplines and processes.
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams through development phase to closure.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of electronics
- Practical working experience of LED technologies.
- Minimum 5+ years exterior automotive lighting preferred
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
- Paid holidays and vacation time
Job Reference #: 2069