Product Engineer - Advanced Engineering
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (MTC)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Support the design and development of products and product improvements for Flex-N-Gate’s Plastics and Metals Divisions. Product categories will include Interior Plastics, Exterior Plastics, Bumpers and Body Structure. The individual will be an integral part of the engineering team that leads projects from initial design concept through development and commercialization. This will include solving design challenges, prototyping of design concepts, specifying materials, components and assemblies, and developing product testing strategies and methods to validate product performance. The Project Engineer will work under the guidance of the Engineering Group Manager.
• Design components and assemblies and evaluate new materials and processes that offer enhanced value to Flex-N-Gate and its customers.
• Solve technical problems using sound engineering principles, creativity, and product design verification techniques.
• Perform and coordinate design verification and design validation activities including test strategies, test protocols, and analysis of test results.
• Evaluate and implement new materials in existing products to lower costs and/or reduce weight.
• Work directly with customer engineering groups to establish validation plans and product specifications. Ability to understand customer requirements and translate those requirements into product design is required for effective performance in this position.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
• 2 – 5 years engineering experience in design and development of automotive systems and parts
• Demonstrated problem solving ability.
• Understanding of plastic materials, part design, injection mold tooling and processing.
• Familiar with metal forming and joining techniques
• Hands-on Engineering skills.
• Knowledge of engineering principles and their application in solving multifaceted design problems.
• Familiarity with analysis tools and methods to solve technical problems (e.g. 3-D modeling, mold filling analysis, finite element analysis)
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams and suppliers.
• Ability to understand customer needs and translate into product requirements.
• Able to work independently and demonstrates inherent desire to learn and improve.
• Evaluate and apply design tradeoffs and constraints for design optimization.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.