Paint Kitchen Technician
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Prepares paint by adding solvents to reduce strength and supplies paint line.
- Prepares paint by adding solvents to raw paint and ensure proper viscosity;
- Flushes and cleans paint systems to run multiple colours;
- Receives paint, solvents shipments and supplies and stores in proper place and rotates stock;
- Collects reclaimed solvents and ensure that it is pumped into waste totes and shipped out;
- Supplies and maintains 26 permanent paints system, clears, ad pro and catalysts;
- Interchanges piggable systems which use multiple colours;
- Records paint load into a log recording system;
- Records purge solvent usage and reclaimed solvent usage on daily usage sheet;
- Performs daily viscosity checks and records on viscosity check sheet
- Orders solvents, filters and paint kitchen supplies as required;
- Changes all paint system filters;
- Performs weekly system flushes as assigned by paint management:
- Ensures all pumps and agitators are running and well-oiled;
- Maintains lift trucks by using a daily check list;
- Changes totes and ensures grounding straps are used when transferring paint from drum to drum, and using lift trucks and agitators ;
- Checks paint schedule to ensure that required paint is available;
- Reports any health and safety issues to supervisors and or process techs;
- Empties all solvent drums before putting them on skids for removal;
- Ensures all pails are properly labeled to avoid confusion of contents; (WHMIS labels);
- Seeks a team approach perspective when required;
- Good communication, painting, safety conscious and organizational skills;
- Ability to lift heavy drums of paint and to learn different shades of paint.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.