- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Texas LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Supervisor will set the expectations for the shift regarding production, efficiency, safety and quality. The Supervisor will manage approximately 45 employees.
- Ability to work any shift and overtime as needed
- Establishing and maintaining a team environment on the production floor
- Managing daily production needs
- Providing daily work instructions
- Ability to monitor production measurable and educate team on results and methods to improve production performance
- Support floor personnel to ensure they have adequate resources to achieve their safety, quality, delivery and efficiency goals for each day
- Direct communication with employees, both in written and verbal forms
- Ability to establish and maintain records
- Maintain plant policies and procedures
- Ability to operate manual and automated production equipment
- Capable of operating material handling equipment, such as lift truck and cranes
- Coaches and sets a visible example to ensure growth and development of the individuals assigned to their team
- Ability to work with Human Resources in hiring, training and developing individuals
- Able to stand for periods up to 10 hours
- Ability to reach, lift and manipulate up to 40+ pounds, repetitiously
- Good visual skills to monitor processes
- Ability to hear warning devices
- General knowledge and awareness of TS16949/ISO14001 standards and how they affect the department and the plant
- Assist in developing and implementing continuous improvement programs using team orientation skills
- Ability to maintain the highest level of safety, housekeeping, productivity and quality with minimal supervision
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 3-5 years manufacturing or leadership experience preferred
- Working knowledge of plastics injection molding machines/process
- Willing to work any shift, 6 days a week; including overtime directed by the Customer.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.