Manufacturing Manager (Plastic Injection Molding)
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville), LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Manager ensures effective and efficient operations of manufacturing processes and functions through regular monitoring of departmental policies, procedures, staff and standards, and responsible for organizing and managing manpower to ensure plant operations achieve both quality and efficiency goals. Provides leadership in the direction of all activities of the division consistent with corporate strategies, objectives and policies. This position reports to the plant General Manager.
- Oversees responsibilities of supervisory staff. Is responsible for the growth and development of all Manufacturing Supervisors. Identifies training needs. Meets with staff regularly to encourage teamwork and a group effort.
- Ensures production requirements are being met. Analyze production reports, maintain finished good and WIP inventories, complies daily output, yield and scrap reports.
- Participate actively and effectively in continuous improvement teams where requested and establish continuous improvement plans related to position responsibilities.
- Work in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the company’s safety rules and regulations.
- Monitors and improves efficiencies of process control by ensuring correct and efficient operation of all manufacturing functions.
- Provides feedback to supervisors and hourly employees regarding expectations, quality concerns and production activities.
- Assists in supervisory training to maintain competence.
- Provides and maintains equipment and processes that are capable of producing products and assemblies, which meet all customer requirements.
- Ensures compliance to policies, procedures and functional performance.
- Manages employees by ensuring quality, quantity, customer schedules and specifications are met.
- Ensures the Company provides a safe and clean work environment at all times.
- Coordinates action plans with Quality to ensure customer requirements are achieved.
- Analyzes and reports to the General Manager on the effectiveness of plant manufacturing operations.
- Assists General Manager in forecasting manpower requirements, scheduling and overtime.
- Works with General Manager to analyze and solve operations-related problems and attends operations-related meetings with other departments.
- Co-ordinates production activities with other departmental activities in Company.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Technical Science or equivalent Experience;
- 7-10 years managerial experience in an automotive environment
- Injection Molding / Plastics experience
- Adheres to and enforces Occupational Health and Safety Act, Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Conflict Resolution Management
- Change Management
- Time Management
- Exemplary communication, organizational, problem solving, teamwork, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems
- Coaches, Mentors and provides guidance
- Works on the Production Floor as well as in an Office Environment
- Customer Focused
- Energy and Stress management
- Demonstrates Accountability and Dependability
- Ethical and acts with Integrity
- Analytical, Mathematical Reasoning
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.