- # of Openings
- Ventra Angola, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Manufacturing Engineer designs, builds and maintains machines and tools within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive operation for manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes, designs new systems and processes for the introduction of new products or for the improvement of existing ones.
- Prepare manufacturing proposals and estimates for new products including tooling cost requirements, and manufacturing resources.
- Participates actively and effectively in continuous improvement plans related to position responsibilities
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Devises new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
- Optimises all machine processes by reducing scrap, cycle times and mould change times;
- Assists with launches of new programs by building a new process to ensure quality products of parts and attends launch meetings prior to production start-up;
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, troubleshooting malfunctions, calling for repairs, and evaluating new equipment and techniques;
- Support process improvement projects through design, procurement, installation and debug/start-up of equipment modifications.
- Develop training materials and train operators and technicians, document and monitor new operational processes.
- Implement process improvement projects safely in order to ensure safety, quality, and productivity objectives are met.
- Serve as the technical resource who effectively supports the increase of operational productivity through manufacturing process optimization.
- Be recognized as the technical expert by demonstrating exemplary knowledge, skills, and ability when implementing engineering principles.
- Tracks appropriate tool related corrective actions
- Communicates with Maintenance Manager and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Estimates production costs, cost saving methods and the effects of product design changes on expenditures for management review, action and control.
- Drafts and designs layout of equipment, materials and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Confers with clients, vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, product and production specifications, manufacturing capabilities or project status.
- Performs all other tasks as assigned by management.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Quality Management System (QMS) as stated in CQAM.00001 – Corporate Quality Manual.
- BS Degree or equivalent related experience in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience preferable in a (input specific industry – metal, plastics, etc.)
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical manufacturing processes, including assembly and testing.
- Proficiency in engineering computer software (CAD, CATIA, NX etc.)
- Must be a self-starter able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Solid project management skills.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills, with an emphasis on a “hands on” approach.
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing principles and practices preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.