Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Perform all the tasks required to independently setup, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on all mechanical equipment. These tasks must be performed well enough to maintain production of quality parts to specifications and within a reasonable time when problems occur due to mechanical failures.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose equipment failures, and identify root cause for mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Read and understand blueprints technical manuals and work instructions for mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Disassemble, reassemble and test complex machinery and sub-assemblies
- Size and determine proper fits of keys, shafts, bearings, using precision tools as required
- Perform bench operations such as drilling, tapping, grinding, welding, fabricating, etc.
- Maintain a safe and orderly work environment
- Perform preventative maintenance procedures and techniques
- Install new machinery as required
- Repair plant and office machinery
- Relocate plant equipment
- Ensure equipment maintenance log is completed
- Perform facility repairs
- Operate a forklift and maintain a license to do so
- Write and read basic PLC logic
- Must have 3+ years of industrial maintenance experience
- Experience with repairing and troubleshooting Nachi robots preferred
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
- Work in manufacturing environment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5138