- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Plastics Corporation (Danville)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
We are GROWING and adding new positions!
The Maintenance Supervisor coordinates the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility, including any maintenance or repairs of the building or property. The Maintenance Supervisor manages the hourly maintenance personnel in a safe, effective and efficient manner in compliance with the company policies, procedures and all legislative requirements.
- Inspects certain areas of the facility to ensure good housekeeping and safety provisions are adhered to.
- Champions all new equipment for new programs in conjunction with preventative maintenance including inventory, manuals and warranties.
- Adheres to general and real-time supervisory expectations and guidelines as established by the company.
- Prepares manpower schedules, overtime equalization sheets, canvasses for overtime, prepares time sheets for payroll and approves vacations.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Involved in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or updates to current systems.
- Support department management, project managers and consultants as required
- Update and maintains information in (Maintenance Mizer) records systems and department databases
- Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the maintenance department.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Community College in a related field
- Five years in a mechanical/electrical capacity as a tradesman and/or;
- Five years related experience in a supervisory, leadership capacity
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain organization of maintenance schedule and files in a changing environment
- Ability to independently seek out downtime reduction activities and projects.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email, cad , electrical control and PLC software
- Proven ability to troubleshootStatistical Process Control for Machine Capability
- Possess ISO TS14001 Knowledge
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift up to 75lb
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4354