Maintenance / Automation Controls Technician - 2nd Shift
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 29 LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Maintenance Technician is involved with the installation, maintenance, and repairs of all company machinery and equipment within the facility. Responsible for the calibration and controls of automated industrial machinery. Focus on preventative maintenance and continuous improvement to optimize efficient run time of facility equipment.
- Test, troubleshoot, repair or install facility equipment including presses, robots, conveyors and welding equipment
- Individual must have knowledge of PLC, ladder logic, prox’s and sensors, low voltage wiring as well as 110v, 220v, 480v.
- Create and maintain automation processes
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service, follows up on work orders to ensure job specifications (quality and quantity) and time lines are met.
- Install retrofits to existing systems and troubleshoot hardware, software, and instrument problems
- Supports start-up activities
- Install, diagnose and fix programmable logic controllers and other devices that operate automated equipment.
- Works on installation of all new equipment for new programs in conjunction with preventative maintenance and continuous improvement
- Be knowledgeable in the use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Adhere to departmental procedures and systems, e.g., "systems for preventative maintenance", "maintenance requisitions", scheduled work and continued quality improvement/risk management programs.
- Operate computerized preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot and maintain various electrical components, appliances and equipment in accordance with pertinent codes, the preventative maintenance program and departmental procedures.
- Participate in career development activities to enhance knowledge and skills
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS).
- High school diploma or GED required. A 2-year degree or technical certificate program or Certified Journeyman is preferred
- 3 to 5 years manufacturing experience and a strong technical knowledge in the programming, installation, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment
- Experience with Automation and robotics, PLC, ladder logic, prox’s, sensors and wiring. Also, including hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatics.
- Superior analytical capabilities, problem-solving and decision-making
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills.
- Effective use of technology, instruments, tools and information systems.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4705