- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Oklahoma LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This a Corporate role, sitting in our Kansas City plant location, responsible for reviewing and analyzing data, freight costs, shipping routes, and carriers for best logistics practices for transportation for 6 plants within Flex-N-Gate.
- Logistics cost improvements for the assigned plant group;
- Carrier development and contracting to meet changing logistics demands;
- Coordination with plants to ensure that all materials have current, cost-effective routings that support plant order practices;
- Issue RFQ’s periodically to market test truckload volume for the Canadian plants;
- Implement logistics strategies with the plants driven by RFQ results and ongoing analysis of logistics activities;
- Monitor plant and vendor compliance with assigned routings;
- Work in conjunction with other Corporate Logistics team members to support logistics optimization in the total FNG network;
- Support plants with contracting of ad hoc demand shipments as needed;
- Assist carriers with freight audit/payment issues as needed;
- Work with Advanced Program teams to ensure that new programs are launched with market tested routings in place;
- 20% Travel between 6 plat locations(KC, Oklahoma, Alabama, Kentucky, and Tennessee)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of carrier pricing strategies (LTL/Truckload with Air/Ocean a plus)
- Excellent systems skills including advanced use of Excel to support analysis
- Able to work with limited supervision
- Previous experience bidding on carriers
- Freight Analysis
- Cost-saving Initiatives
- Able to interact professionally with all types of people – from plant executives to truck drivers
- Ability to read, analyze, and create various documentation related to tooling or engineering
- Proven ability to problem solve and reason and think critically.
Must be capable of explaining new ideas and concepts so others will understand.
Solid analytical skills
Strong initiative and self-starter
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.