- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for laboratory-based tasks, which include sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing results. The Laboratory Technician provides all the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively whilst adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines. The Laboratory Technician carries out fundamental tests as part of the scientific team.
- Conduct routine and non-routine tasks following strict methodologies to carry out analysis.
- Record and report data from all analyses and tests in the prescribed time and form and maintain statistical records in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Calibrate, validate, or maintain laboratory equipment.
- Participate in out-of-specification and failure investigations and recommend corrective actions.
- Supply data necessary for regulatory submissions.
- Investigate or report questionable test results.
- Perform validations or transfers of analytical methods in accordance with applicable policies or guidelines.
- Ensure that lab cleanliness and safety standards are maintained.
- Monitor testing procedures to ensure that all tests are performed according to established item specifications, standard test methods, or protocols.
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Participate in internal assessments and audits as required.
- Evaluate analytical methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved.
- Responsible for maintaining TS16949; ISO 14001 and OSHA compliance.
- Community College diploma in related field or;
- Four years related work experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in health, safety and environmental standards.
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques, terminology, equipment and materials.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of chemical, biological and physical testing and analyses including the preparation of materials, equipment and samples.
- Knowledge of arithmetic for use in computation of test results and analysis.
- Knowledge of data processing.
- Ability to use and maintain laboratory equipment for standard chemical, biological and physical testing.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good eyesight and manual dexterity skills in laboratory manipulative techniques.
- Demonstrate applicable ethics and due diligence.
- Manage time effectively.
- Good presentation skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.