Information Technology Technician
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of approved diagnostics and help tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and suggest ways to prevent future problems.
• Administrates local network in accordance with wider company procedures and practices to ensure proper integration, works on switching and external connectivity mediums to maintain network integrity, operates using best security practices for local network planning and implementation
• Configures and installs personal computers (PC), software, network cards and equipment and maintains shop floor computers systems
• Maintains telecommunications equipment and systems including new extension provisioning, removal, call handling manipulation and troubleshooting
• Coordinates and consults with shop floor software programmer(s) and assists in the introduction of new systems or alterations
• Provides in-house expertise and technical support to end-users on database and software-related issue on Broadcast system
• Develops and produces accurate and timely routine and special reports (using SQL Queries), and data retrievals for staff as needed, and is the point of contact for managing custom reporting requests
• Practical experience on database will be an asset
• Update Database as required based on customers requirement
• Backup and Restore SQL Server database
• Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone, email and text in a courteous manner
• Document all pertinent end user problem or issue
• Maintains systems for Time & Attendance record keeping, and ensure proper integration with same wider company systems
• Maintains and updates hardware/software inventory records, keeps accurate network information databases up to date
• Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriate experienced technician
• Record, track, and document - help desk request, problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and brief IT Support Supervisor on final resolution.
• Use only approved diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting
• Access approved software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
• Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
• Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved and report all finding and final resolutions
• Perform post-resolution follow-up, with users and supervisor
• Available for support calls 24/7
• Available to work on both shifts on rotational basis.
• The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2 to 4 year work experience in related field required
• Experience with Windows Servers will be an asset
• Should be able to work with minimal supervision on multiple projects/tasks
• Certification from Microsoft and/or Cisco will be a plus point
• Adaptable to new and changing technology and capable of training users
• Recommended completion of a one-year college level curriculum
• Knowledge of basic computer hardware and application software.
• Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows 7, 8 and 10
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
• Exceptional customer service orientation and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
• Be prompt, directed, reliable, self-motivated and highly dependable
• Keen attention to detail and able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 6103