Information Technology Active Directory Manager
- # of Openings
- Information Technology
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Information Technology Microsoft Active Directory Manager is responsible for support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft Active Directory and Windows-based systems across the enterprise, including directory and identity management solutions.
This role requires an in depth knowledge of Active Directory, Federation, Windows Server 2012/2016, Windows security, Certificate Service, AD Proxy, Virtual Directory solutions and related technology.
PLEASE INSERT A LIST OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implementation and management of:
- Active Directory Services & DNS
- Group Policy Management
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Microsoft Identity and entitlement management with exposure to: Microsoft Identity Manager, System Center Orchestrator, Active Roles and AD Delegation management
- Experience of Active Directory Recovery management
- Active Directory upgrades and migrations
- Establishment and maintenance of domain Trust relationships
- Able to create and perform migrations of user email, accounts, AD objects, etc. between domains
- Support upgrades and lifecycle management of AD-related software and tools
- Improve AD processes and automate repetitive tasks wherever feasible
- Fulfill service requests and resolve incidents related to Directory Services
- Provide support and administration of Remote Domain Controllers & File and Print Servers
- Adhere to Service Management Processes and Procedures (Change, Incident, Problem)
- Ensure customer satisfaction by consulting with Applications and other services who utilize Active Directory. Provide recommendations on best practices for integration
- Create and maintain system documentation for domain technologies, including installation, configuration and appropriate troubleshooting steps
- Provide on-call support for the e-mail and AD environments
- Participate in weekend maintenance activities as required
- Perform general system administration duties in a Windows Active Directory environment
- Monitor Windows servers and troubleshoot problems
- Enforce change management and compliance processes
- Work as a technical resource on assigned projects with testing and response
- Respond to each inquiry, whether from a customer, vendor, or co-worker in a courteous and professional manner consistent with business standards
- Willing and able to respond to emergency outages 24 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s server operating systems.
- Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing and disaster recovery.
- Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and network requirements.
- Constantly monitor and assess network utilization and server resources.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security, and ongoing performance.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Test and install issued patches in conjunction with software providers and vendors or other third parties.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional associations and professional development opportunities.
- Advise management of new applications or potential network enhancements in support of future requirements.
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required and support management in all IT needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related field or related work experience may be substituted for education
- Minimum 7 years overall IT experience with 3-5 years of experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies in a large multi-site environment
- Experience with Office 365
- Experience supporting, maintaining and administering core Microsoft Technologies including Windows Server; strong analytical and troubleshooting shills; effective organizational, analytical, multi-tasking, time management and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in VBScript or Power Shell.
- MCSE or MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Messaging))
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solution Associate) working towards MCSE
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming changes, errors, and subsequent modifications.
- Strong working knowledge of network programs.
- Able to stay abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to occasionally lift items as heavy as 25 lbs.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.