Information Systems Analyst
- # of Openings
- Information Systems
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (MTC)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Cognos BI Support Technician/ IS Analyst will assist in daily maintenance of the corporate Business Intelligence initiative. They will be responsible for development, maintenance and design of various BI reports, dashboards and scoreboards to meet business needs.
The candidate should have strong working knowledge Business Intelligence fundamentals; ETL processes, database schemas, development of reporting packages, and report writing. They will work collaboratively with Senior BI Team members to understand our data systems and ensure data integrity and reliability.
• Develop Cognos Business Intelligence reports, dashboards and tools for data analytics.
• Design, develop, and unit test standards and ad-hoc reports.
• Develop and implement Cognos BI best practice standards for reporting.
• Thoroughly test and validate reports to provide accurate and reliable information to the user community.
• Assist Business Analytics users in the design and development of their own reports and dashboards
• Monitor queries and report behavior to assure reports are meeting performance guidelines.
• Evaluate, Recommend and Implement modifications to existing report packages to increase performance and accuracy.
• Creation of Data Cubes for faster reporting and flexibility.
• Other Duties as assigned by the IS Manager.
• Responsibilities may require being ‘On Call’ after normal business hours, via cell phone or home phone.
• Occasional travel is required.
• Must have experience with SQL queries and SQL Developer Tools
• Working knowledge of Cognos 11 or similar Business Intelligence (BI) report writing tools
• Understanding of IBM DataStage 11.3 or equivalent ETL software
• Experience with DB2i or other relational databases.
• Technical writing experience in Business Process Flow and Application Support documentation using PowerPoint, Excel and Visio
• Proficient in Analytical processes and problem solving skills to help with validation of reports and visualizations, Dimensional and Relational modeling, Data warehousing concepts (DB Semantic modeling, Star/Snowflake schemas, data mining, etc.)
• 2+ years’ experience in BI Reporting and Relational Databases
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, MIS or other related field.
• Detail Oriented
• Good communications skills
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5093