- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Millwright is responsible for installing or dismantling machinery and equipment according to company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams. This will be accomplished through the safe and effective use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools. This position also requires that the Millwright troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic problems with associated equipment. The Millwright is also responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as motors, pumps, valves, controls, and other machines.
- Inspect machinery as it arrives, unload the parts, and then assemble them with the safe and effective use of hand and power tools.
- Relocate unassembled equipment as it arrives, positioning the machinery and pieces that need to be assembled, using hoists, dollies, and trucks.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machines by using hammers, crowbars, wrenches, and other hand or power tools.
- Align machines and equipment during installation, using hoists, jacks, squares, ruler, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Use a lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to match the appropriate specifications.
- Assemble all machinery and equipment by bolting, welding, riveting, or fastening them to pre-built foundations.
- Repair any problems associated with new equipment.
- Fabricate new machine parts if original parts are missing or damaged.
- Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment, or processes in order to facilitate production.
- Ensure that safety policies, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Perform preventative maintenance once the machines and equipment are put into operation.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Perform minor electrical repairs.
- Maintain all machines and plant equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
- Industrial Millwright's license for the Province of Ontario or 4th year Apprentice
- High school diploma or equivalent, or one year community college
- Experience in moving, assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of machinery and equipment
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment
- Able to fabricate new parts to replace defective parts during machine setup, maintenance, or overhaul
- Thorough knowledge of load bearing capabilities of the equipment to be installed, assembled, or dismembered
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to perform minor electrical repairs
- Ability to weld and operate all shop equipment and perform basic machining practices
- Able to understand drawings, working sketches and operating manuals
- Have working knowledge of progressive and transfer die protection
- Maintain all machines and plant equipment
- Must have working knowledge of in-house hydraulics and pneumatics
- Prioritize and perform work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work Rotating Shifts
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 7169