- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Royal Oak, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Industrial Engineer designs, develops, tests, and evaluates integrated systems for managing industrial production processes, including human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics and material flow, cost analysis and production coordination.
- Ensuring that all assembly processes operate within lean manufacturing principles (Value Stream Mapping, Five S, Kanban, and poka-yoke).
- Conduct regular continuous improvement meetings with multiple departments. Document cost saving improvements for monthly review with senior management.
- Create Document Change Notices (DCCF) as related to manufacturing process improvements and update required documents.
- Maintain manufacturing process documentation, Operator Work Instructions, Work Cycle Breakdown, Packaging Instructions, Process Flow Diagrams.
- Conduct cycle time studies for equipment run at rate. Conduct periodic cycle time studies for manufacturing inefficiencies or improvements.
- Maintain press and assembly equipment GAP reports.
- Manage PLM press capacity and press assignments.
- Manage plant lay-out updates and assist with facility construction projects.
- University Degree in Engineering
- Project Management skills and experience, if no full-time work experience
- Knowledge and/or experience in Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Experience of participation in a product development team from inception to manufacturing launch including evidence of the imposition of DFM/A into the design.
- Knowledge of the requirements of TS16949 and ISO14001.
- Knowledge and execution experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, Control Plans, and Process Flow.
- Proven ability to create and execute project plans that have achieved the identified targets.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5042