- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Electrician will work as part of a team to install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in a manufacturing environment. This individual will have the ability to recognize, read, interpret, and design electrical blueprints and specifications in order to provide troubleshooting and repair services. The Electrician will also routinely perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and components in order to ensure the continued safe, efficient and effective operations of all equipment and fixtures utilized by the organization. This position will have the ability to trouble shoot HMS transfer systems.
- Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and equipment
- Recognize, read, interpret, and design drawings and electrical code specifications in order to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance through inspection of electrical systems, equipment and components.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date maintenance records.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Direct and train other workers and apprentices to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Work on other electrical projects as required
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant organizational, provincial and federal safety regulations, codes and specifications
- Licensed Electrician required. Will consider 3rd or 4th year Apprentice
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures
- Self-starter, with developed analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Computer literate
- Adhere to requests from supervisors, lead hands
- Prioritize and perform work with minimal supervision
- Complete tasks efficiently and timely
- Must be able to trouble shoot HMS transfer systems
- Capability to recognize and design electrical blue prints and PLC ladder diagrams
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 6087