GR5 Quality Technician - Manufacturing
- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Top candidates will perform quality inspections on products to ensure that they are within specifications and properly identified and packaged. As importantly, provides support to the manufacturing process by identifying quality concerns and providing appropriate direction.
- Performs inspections.
- Implements standardized work.
- Piece approval.
- Conducts Gauge R&R’s.
- Supports Quality Audits.
- Statistical Process Control charting & Analysis.
- Gauge inspection.
- Uses Precision Gauges; calipers, height stress, Rockwell, gloss meter, dial indicator, etc.
- May act as internal auditor for the Quality Department.
- Helps to communicate Quality Alerts.
- May be required to conduct on-site sorting at customer sites.
- Attends quality system meetings, as necessary.
- Participates and initiates problem solving and continuous improvement plans.
- Follows ISO 14001 and TS 16949 requirements per standard.
- Performs all duties in an environmentally and safe responsible manner.
- Follows help chain of command, as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
- Outstanding attendance is required for this role.
- 2 years experience in automotive quality standards, practices and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents: Safety Alerts, Control Plans, Work Instructions, Labels, Safety Data Sheets.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.