General Production - Hourly
- # of Openings
- Ventra Sandusky, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is looking for general production candidates with the ability to work any shift required. Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Assembly/disassembly, load and unload machines/inspect parts that are being packed, consistent lifts 10 pounds or greater, clean, sweep, general labor work. Includes, but not limited to, using hand tools to insert screws, clips and grommets, push objects, read, write, walk, bend, carry, inspect, stoop, reach, twist, and stand intermittently, work an 8 hour day equaling a 40 hour work week Monday through Friday and mandatory overtime weekdays (before/after normal shift and weekends) per collective bargaining agreement.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required work.
• Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
• Work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
• Perform heavy manual labor that requires repeated bending, twisting, turning and squatting.
• Perform manual dexterity work involving fingers, hands and arms in repeated motion.
• Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds in a consistent and
• Able to perform general light troubleshooting of machinery to determine problem(s).
• Operate various types of tools and equipment safely and efficiently including stamping presses,
manual buffers, sanders, robotic welders, hand welders, air guns, hoists, forklifts and any other
machinery as required.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees
• Follow written and verbal instructions.
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to obtain a forklift license if needed
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Knowledge of computer software applications for data collection and reporting.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, work instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus, but not required.
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs
- Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer.