- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The General Accountant will provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data and preparing required reports. The General Accountant performs a variety of accounting tasks to support the Group Controller in ensuring various transactions are properly recorded in accordance with the company policies. The duties may focus on financial reporting associated with Advanced Product Development centers, Corporate cost centers and Manufacturing profit centers. The General Accountant must also construct and monitor the data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of financial information to management.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Construct data accumulation systems.
- Create and review the controls needed for data accumulation and reporting systems.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts.
- Investigate cycle counting variance and resolve issues.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs as required by generally accepted accounting principles
- Conduct ongoing process constraints analysis
- Report on breakeven points by products and work centers
- Report on margins by product and division
- Report on periodic variances and their caused, focusing on spending variances.
- Analyze capital budgeting requests.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience accounting/finance experience
- Strong math & computer skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written, speaking and listening)
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively independent or as a member of a team.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 3500