- # of Openings
- Ventra Fowlerville, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Ensure the Forklifts are maintained and operational in a timely manner that will prevent downtime and improve the life of the equipment.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain all forklifts, boom and scissor lifts.
- Complete daily predictive maintenance work on forklifts per schedule.
- Create and track a master maintenance schedule for all forklifts.
- Create and maintain a component stock list for MRO crib.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized work area in accordance with company standards.
- Alert supervisor, manager or team leader if complications or defects occur.
- Document all activities as required.
- Provide support and maintain compliance with all company guidelines, union contracts, IATF, ISO14001, and all applicable government regulations and standards.
- Maintain 5S Standards for department.
- Any additional responsibilities deemed necessary by management.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent. Ability to read, write and speak English effectively.
- 3-5 years of forklift repair experience.
- Knowledge of all forklift makes and models.
- Knowledge of customer needs, meeting quality standards for products and services.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture, assembly and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Skills with arithmetic and its applications.
- Knowledge of tools and principles involved in maintenance of product.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Can safely drive a forklift and maintain a forklift license.
- Skills to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Can control operations of equipment or systems.
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Experience with computers, preferably a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Ability to organize resources and establishing priorities.
- Can repair equipment using the needed tools.
- Can determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about them.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Skills to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with supervisory personnel and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data.
- Ability to identify basic problems and communicate them to supervisory personnel.
- Skills to manage one’s own time.
- Appropriately use equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Monitor and review information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Must be able to perform tasks and deliver high quality parts up to customer standards.
- Must demonstrate 5S standards according to department.
- Understand and follow plant safety rules and regulations.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5332