Forklift Driver (3rd Shift)
- # of Openings
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
We are looking for experience Forklift Drivers, looking to take their career into their own hands!
- Continuous sitting while driving and operating forklift
- Empties trash dumpster with use of forklift
- Works inside and outside moving product. May work in adverse weather (cold, heat, rain, etc)
- Occasionally climbs in and out of forklift. Step height to first step is 20 inches; second step is 10 inches.
- Must be able to use both hands for safe operation of forklift. Steering wheel with levers controlled by right hand. Constant pedaling with right foot.
- Operator must have full range of motion of the neck and spine so that operator can look behind forklift while driving backwards and look up and down with moving product.
- Operator must change 45 pound propane cylinder on back of forklift (up to 50 inches) once per shift.
- Operators work on all shifts and at night. Operator must be able to see in the dark and in times of reduced light. Vision requirement is 20/40 with correction.
- The forklift operator must be certified in operation of the forklift and crane operation
- Must be able to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to push, pull, reach and lift above head and below shoulder level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.