Engineering Product Data Administrator
- # of Openings
- Ventra Ionia Main, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Engineering Product Data Administrator will support all product data activities for the facility, including Part Number, Bill of Material, and Method development and maintenance in CMS. Also would be responsible for IMDS development, submission, and NAFTA submissions.
- Creation of manufacturing and purchased part numbers in CMS per standard plant conventions (format)
- Develop electronic Bills of Material and Methods (Routings) in CMS for the facility per the corresponding manufacturing process(es) and corporate program Bills of Material
- Conduct and document monthly Bills of Material and Method (Routing) audits per controlled procedure
- Create IMDS structures for submission to customers, obtaining supplier IMDS input as required
- Perform Customs duties supporting NAFTA, including Certificates of Origin, Country or Origin/Manufacturing Affidavits and AALA documents. Maintain file for 6 years
- Perform weigh studies and maintain records of component weights for IMDS submissions and Engineering inputs
- Support manufacturing production reporting and label generation through the development of barcode scan sheets
- Support Engineering, Materials, and Finance, performing material usage studies or data analysis as required. Including material coverage factor development (nickel, paint, etc.), Bills of Material and Method (Routing) reviews
- Support the Process Change, Engineering Change, and Continuous Improvement functions as required
- Minimum of High School Diploma/ GED
- Prefer Certificate or Associates Degree in related field
- Must be able to read basic drawings.
- Minimum of 2 years office experience in automotive industry
- Proficient in MS Office applications with exceptional skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook email
- Must be team oriented with ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Must be able to relate well and interact with all levels of personnel
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately
- Ability to execute all job responsibilities in accordance with ISO/ TS 16949 requirements
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems Internal Auditor course (if audits are a requirement)
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4901