- # of Openings
- Masterguard LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Engineering Manager reports to the General Manager and will take responsibility for managing, mentoring, and supervising the Process Engineering Department. Will also be responsible for all design of processes and assembly activities within the plant. The ideal candidate is expected to pro-actively identify where processes can be adapted and optimized to ensure cost effectiveness. Throughout the design process, the Engineering Manager will verify practices for efficiency and accuracy in order to implement processes that are safe and improve quality. The Engineering Manager must possess the capabilities to drive the requirements into the development and continuous improvement of products and processes. Specifically, the Engineering Manager's duties will include developing an in-depth knowledge of our supply base; strengths and weaknesses of internal procedures and business processes; strengths and weaknesses of equipment; and the strengths and weaknesses of key personnel who contribute to the quality of the products and services offered by the organization.
- Promote and enforce a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with applicable legislation and company policies and procedures
- Advise, consult, initiate and oversee plant engineering projects.
- Liaise with vendors for plant projects and equipment purchases for projects.
- Work with manufacturing on process or layout changes.
- Manage and maintain Bills of Material and Part Routing Information
- Manage and updates plant capacity study based on accumulated shop data
- Manages and maintains “Yellow” Cost Sheets
- Develops evaluation criteria that will serve to measure progress and effectiveness of department operations
- Reviews department objectives for adequacy and consistency with corporate objectives
- Analyzes and solves engineering-related problems with the assistance of the subordinate managers and department personnel
- Responsible for co-ordination and follow-up of all tasks and projects related to new parts
- Follow-up on permanent corrective action plans to resolve any outstanding issues related to quality, production, equipment, tooling, customers, and production control
- Approve all process FMEA’s flow diagrams, control plans, inspection control methods, test equipment required, special features to control quality, safety and control and critical items that are being identified
- Approve all tool process sheets, any changes to part, manufacturing process cost, material/process standards and packaging
- Co-ordinate all engineering changes and ISIR approvals to meet customer deadlines
- Evaluate and approve all equipment required for programs.
- Ensure that and adequate system is in place for deviations, TSA’s & SRPC’s
- Handle CAD drawings, plant layouts and changes, process layout process layout and process flow improvements and equipment and systems design.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design and operation of plant processes and recommend solutions.
- Design and oversee the implementation of plant layouts which includes the preparation and maintenance of drawings related to stamping, welding and assembly processes.
- Determines processes and product flow for access and traffic patterns, processing activities, shipping and receiving functions and inventory areas.
- Contributes to proposals and technical presentation packages regarding potential future business which includes CAD drawings, process floor plans and layouts of tooling operations.
- Troubleshoots process problems, determines root causes and recommends solutions and improvements.
- Translates and manipulates customer files in CAD.
- Prepares a variety of drawings to assist other departments and divisions.
- Communicates with a variety of managers, outside contracting firms, engineers, inspectors, municipal bodies and government officials to communicate information and resolve problems.
- Coordinates a variety of major facility and process projects.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specification for facilities and processes.
- Oversees the installation, modification and commissioning of processes and facility renovations.
- Determines needs and manages the design and construction of building additions.
- Program cost sheets and process capacity studies.
- Produce cost analyses and reports in conjunction with process improvements and plant layout changes.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in engineering stamping equipment and tooling in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- 5 to 7 years’ management experience, with technical leadership skills for problem solving.
- AS400 knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems related to metal stampings
- Must be familiar with CAD systems, DFA, DFM, FMEA, DOE, and FEA
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Mechanical, Autodesk Inventor, and Spinfire
- Must be proficient with Microsoft products, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent Program & Project Management skills with strong document management.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to analyze, troubleshoot, process, change and improve design and equipment; technically inclined.
- Working knowledge of CAD, mathematical applications and physics.
- Familiar with legislative requirements and automotive OEM procedures (domestic and transplants).
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 4538