- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Engineering Managers primary responsibilities will be leading and developing the engineering team. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for directing, coordinating and exercising authority for planning, organization, leadership and completion of engineering projects.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering department
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities
- Direct, review and approve product design and changes
- Oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
- Analyzes and solves engineering-related problems with the assistance of subordinate managers and departmental personnel
- Coordinate all engineering changes and approvals to meet customer deadlines
- Drive continuous improvement of processes, quality and costs to maintain profitability and competitiveness
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum 8 years working in manufacturing
- Minimum 3 years' management experience, with technical leadership skills for problem solving
- Extensive knowledge of engineering practices and principles as well as understanding scientific methods of problem solving
- Demonstrated ability with cost analysis, product design methods, interpersonal skills and the ability to integrate all of these skills to a productive cost-effective result
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5491