- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Maintains production by ensuring operation of electrical systems and electrical components of machinery and equipment.
- Ensures operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on robots, conveyors, programmable controllers, transformers, voltage regulators and following electrical codes;
- Receives work order or schedule for preventive maintenance jobs and completes the jobs by cleaning, checking all controls and contacts, testing equipment and ensuring that its running in proper sequence and completes the work order by writing a report;
- Installs new machines and modifies existing equipment by installing power supply wiring and conduit to and between machines and equipment;
- Redesigns and rebuilds paint line equipment including, air motors, paint pumps, water pumps, vacuum pumps and systems, and paint atomizers using blueprint and sketches;
- Repairs electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, transformers, motors, overheating etc.;
- Repairs and replaces faulty electrical components by using testing equipment and hand tools to install relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards and position-sensing devices;
- Monitors and maintains electrical equipment, parts and supplies;
- Places and expedites orders for required stock;
- Prepares daily work sheets for the supervisor’s information;
- Uses Program Logic Controllers (PLC) for troubleshooting;
- Maintains working climate by repairing and servicing heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems.
EDUCATION: College diploma and/or License in Electrical Technology
EXPERIENCE: Internally as per Collective Agreement (Article 2) and externally, experience will be fully defined.
REQUIRED TRAINING: PLC, QS 9000, Microsoft Office Software
RECOMMENDED TRAINING: CAD
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES AS FOLLOWS BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Seek a team approach perspective when required;;
- Strong electrical, mechanical, troubleshooting and organizational skills;;
- Ability to enforce codes/standards as related to electrical installation and safety legislation;;
- Ability to comprehend and make references from written material and wiring diagrams and work orders;
- Knowledge of methods, tools and equipment used in installation.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.