- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications.
- Work and dress safely (i.e. wear proper protective equipment, demonstrate safe use of all machinery and equipment, etc.)
- Adhere to all relevant company policies, procedures and instructions
- Install power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment such as robots, conveyors, presses and programmable controllers, following electrical code and blue prints, using hand tools and voltage tester.
- Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures.
- Replace faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches and motors and position sensing devices.
- May plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in building
- May push buttons and press keys on robot controller, teach pendant and programmable controller to program automated machinery such as robots.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possess a current 442 Electrician license.
- Minimum 3 years experience in general electrical maintenance.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experienced with control wiring and trouble shooting
- Available to work shift work.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.