Electrician - Steady Afternoons
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
This is a fast paced moulding facility and is a union position. The successful candidate will be able to work in a team environment and have good problem solving skills. You must be a motivated, self starter. You will be able to handle multiple tasks on a daily basis with well-developed organization and time management skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical control systems and equipment (relay logic, PLC controls, motor controls, moulding equipment, conveyor lines, etc);
- Ability to maintain all electrical/electronic equipment in a production capable state;
- Connect, disconnect, and re-connect all electrical/electronic equipment coming into or moving about the production facility;
- Interpret and follow the Canadian Electrical Code requirements;
- Design and build simple control systems and panels;
- Install feeds to new machinery.
- Must hold a 442A Industrial Electrician License (additional 309A & 309D licenses would be an asset);
- Minimum 5 years experience in the manufacturing industry;
- Must posses strong trouble shooting, communication and organizational skills;
- Must be able to interpret electrical drawings / blueprints;
- PLC programming experience would be an asset (Allen-Bradley, Omron, Mitsubishi);
- Ability to interpret hydraulic and pneumatic drawings and circuits would be an asset;
- Must have the ability work in a fast paced environment and be able to work within tight deadlines;
- Preference will be given to those individuals experienced with injection moulding and/or automotive manufacturing;
- Shift work required, however this position will be primarily afternoon shift.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.