- # of Openings
- Ventra Grand Rapids 5, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Environmental, Health and Safety Manager develops, administers, and implements occupational safety programs and ISO management.
- The Health, Safety and Environmental Representative is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Developing and Maintaining Health, Safety and Environmental Policies, Procedures and Programs that affect the overall well being of the plant population according to established OSHA and Environmental standards;
- Scheduling and conducting training that meets OSHA and Environmental standards to educate associates on safe and environmental conscious work practices;
- Identifying and mitigating hazardous safety and environmental conditions and practices;
- Develop, train and manage health and safety;
- Develop action plans for reducing workers’ comp costs;
- Manage 1st responder team;
- Manage OSHA Accident / Injury Log;
- File all 1st reports of injuries, accident information and medical claims with WC carrier;
- Advise Staff of trends in Lost Time Accidents, Severity and Recordable trends;
- Assist line and staff management to understand OSHA and Environmental regulations and standards, including guidance on handling compliance inspections and citations.
- Manage Protective Wears Program;
- Manage Safety Talk system;
- Overview plant accident / incident statistics and make recommendations for correction of problem areas.
- Plan and direct safety and industrial hygiene services required for annual testing and new product launch;
- Assess new developments in the health, safety and environmental field which may have application to the company's operation.
- Work with Plant Leadership to establish and manage targets and long range goals and objectives as they relate to safety and environmental.
- Keep informed on current developments of federal and state safety and environmental laws likely to affect the company.
- Act as ranking company representative in dealing with government agencies and independent auditors on safety and environmental matters affecting the company;
- 4 year Degree in Occupation Health, Safety or Environmental
- 5 Years experience in a manufacturing environment managing OSHA and Environmental programs;
- Experience managing accident / incident investigations;
- Experience managing workers’ compensation claims;
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.