Director of Quality
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (Allen Park)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Director of Quality plans, directs, and supports quality assurance programs for new model programs and manufacturing plants.
- Develop the quality goals and targets in the organization’s strategic plan.
- Participate in and lead portions of the ongoing management and improvement of the Quality Management System.
- Bring together staff of different disciplines and drive the group to formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures.
- Ensures that quality personnel are being continuously trained, motivated, and provided development/improvement growth opportunities.
- Pinpoint relevant quality-related training needs.
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement across the organization.
- Participate in New Model APQP Reviews and Gate Reviews.
- Collaborate with the Plant Quality Managers to drive systematic process improvements across the organization.
- Identify and achieve key company and departmental strategies, tactics and objectives relating to product quality and customer compliance.
- Work closely with the Plant Quality teams to ensure that the quality management system and quality plans support current quality management strategy themes, corporate objectives, and customer specific requirements.
- Write technical and management system reports.
- Be aware and understand specific responsibilities for the management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Four year bachelor’s degree, or a minimum of 10 years work-related skill, knowledge, and experience.
- Ability to confidently interface with customer management.
- Experience and understanding of APQP disciplines, PPAP, Statistical Methods, Warranty, and 8D Problem Solving.
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office programs including: Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and PowerPoint; and, the ability to learn other applications quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a strong team.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.