Customer Service Manager
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Detroit, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Customer Service Manager ensures that the organization understands and satisfies its customer’s requirements developing customer service policies and procedures and handling inquiries from customers. The Customer Service Manager is responsible for ensuring the company delivers the highest level of customer service possible.
- Maintains established shipping goals for department.
- Establishes priorities and sequences of operations.
- Prepares schedules and coordinates activities.
- Establishes measures to improve shipping methods.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems / assists employees in solving work problems.
- Responsible for ensuring a system for “on the job” training is in place. Conducts training as needed.
- Responsible for administering company policies within established guidelines including, but not limited to, daily attendance and any disciplinary action for department employees.
- Applies problem-solving methodology, i.e. customer specific.
- Monitors performance and conducts performance evaluations as required.
- Understands and complies with all customer packaging, shipping and labeling instructions.
- Accesses all Customer Supplier Portals.
- Accesses and reviews performance status on Customer Metrics.
- Knowledge and understands all Customer Continuous Improvement Procedures.
- Understands and complies with all Customer Pre-Production/Pilot Material Shipping Procedure.
- Understands and complies with all Customer Shipping and Delivery Performance Requirements.
- Aware of safety requirements and regulation.
- Understands the requirement and use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Awareness and knowledge of TS 16959/ISO14001, environmental standards, and how it affects department.
- Understands Inspection Standards and/or Quality Key Points.
- Maintains compliance to company policies and work rules, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education relevant to position or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience as Tier 1 supplier working directly with customer systems and logistics planning.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Proficiency with database applications and administration systems, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Troubleshooting ability is required high degree of independent decision-making. Makes decisions concerning associate discipline, the application of policies and procedures, salaries, employee concerns, budgets, etc.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Job Reference #: 5315