CDL A / Spotter Driver - 2nd Shift
- # of Openings
- Guardian West, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Guardian West is growing and seeking to add to our team of Drivers. This position will be a spotter within the groundss of the facility occasional trips outside of the facility.
- Constant sitting while driving and operating forklift to move product throughout the facility.
- Works inside and outside moving product. May work in adverse weather (cold, heat, rain, etc)
- Frequently climbs in and out of forklift. Step height to first step is 20 inches; second step is 10 inches.
- Must be able to use both hands for safe operation of forklift. Steering wheel with levers controlled by right hand. Constant pedaling with right foot.
- At least 50% of driving of forklift is backwards. Operator must have full range of motion of the neck and spine so that operator can look behind forklift while driving backwards and up and down with moving product.
- Operator must change 45 pound propane cylinder on back of forklift once per shift; height up to 50 inches.
- Operators work on all shifts and at night. Operator must be able to see in the dark and in times of reduced light. Vision requirement is 20/40 with correction.
- Uses shuttle to move trailers in and out of loading dock area.
- Sets up proper safety measures with trailers including chocks on wheels and jacks under the front end of the traile
- Performs safety check of flooring of trailer by walking thru to ensure stability of the floor prior to driving forklift into trailer and placing product in it.
- Must have current CDL license
- Ability to handle tractor, hook up trailers, put trailers into and remove trailers from dock doors
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.