- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Covington, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Purchasing Buyer coordinates activities in purchasing and distributing materials, equipment, and supplies in an automotive maunfacutirng organization.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and controls activities related to the procurement function.
- Organizes and directs all purchasing, receiving, issuing, delivering of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains suppliers that provide high quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Interact and negotiate with suppliers.
- Contact suppliers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices, and substituions.
- Communicates delays or variances of inbound freight to appropirate parties.
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels for production in order to meet internal and external demand of product.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Assist with inventories and cycle counts.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Community college diploma in purchasing or enrollment in/completion of PMAC; and/or
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in the automotive industry
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to work in fast paced envirnoment
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.