Blanking Press Operator
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Sets up and operates blanking press to fabricate components in support of bumper and tubular running board systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Powers up and shuts down the press
- Sets-up and runs press in continuous mode
- Installs specified dies on press bed
- Install programs properly
- Changes shut height
- Raises and lowers slide in inch mode
- Raises and lowers feed table
- Installs progression and feed rates properly
- Sets pressure for roll lift and pinch pressure
- Must have knowledge of emergency stop locations
- Inventories materials on work list
- Operates banding equipment and material jog pendant
- Completes required department documentation
- Trains on department work instructions and easily identifies location of same
- Completes the overview for statistical process control
- Must have good attendance and a solid safety record
- All other duties as assigned
JOB PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. (infrequently)
- Must be able to operator crane, small hand-held control (3 lbs.) finger buttons
- Must be able to use the crane chains (25 lbs.) (10-68 in.); release hook (18 lbs.) force and rake 13 lbs.); Controls (40 in.); Computer controls and screen (37-60 in.); hand wrench (4 lbs.), (40+ lbs.) force to loosen/tighten
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position; close vision, distance vision, color vision, periopheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- 1-2 years of Press Operation experience
- Overhead crane experience required
- Forklift Driving experience required
- Must be able to communicate in English
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.