- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Automation Technician's role is to support and initiate automation programs throughout the facility by implementing and maintaining automation projects and equipment. The position will require someone who is flexible to work either days or afternoons shift as required.
- Perform daily PM tasks to verify equipment is functional for production
- Repair/replace sensors, cables, cylinders pneumatic fittings as needed.
- Respond to machine breakdowns, solving issues in timely manner.
- Perform mechanical and programming improvements to equipment.
- Add sensors and vision systems to eliminate possible mistakes in product.
- Work with production and quality departments to insure quality production.
- Perform basic facility maintenance as needed.
- Develop new automation processes;
- Develop and implement training programs for all new equipment and automation cells;
- Confirms product performance by conducting capability tests/trials on prototype orders
- Establishing and bring all equipment up to both mechanical and electrical standards.
- Other maintenance duties as assigned.
- University degree/College diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years related experience in an automotive/manufacturing industry
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Proven ability to troubleshoot
- Proficient knowledge in Allen Bradley, RSLogix 5000 and Factory Talk View Studio
- Experience programming and maintaining Vision Systems.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and applications software
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.
Job Reference #: 8313