- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Implements new equipment in plant and co-ordinates activities with maintenance, programming robots, trouble shooting automation cells and taking corrective action.
- Monitors performance of the system and initiates modification to improve efficiency, reliability and establishes long term action plan;
- Installs and incorporate new equipment into existing system and/or modifies, upgrades existing equipment/system for new production and document all modifications;
- Researches new equipment and technology;
- Analyzes robots and Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) performances by collecting required data to provide expertise and technical support during system or upgrade process;
- Establishes equipment/system performance standards by improving production process variations and providing correct tools;
- Supports maintenance on automation field by troubleshooting and initiating action to resolve system/equipment problems;
- Modifies robot software to accommodate required changes;
- Implements and monitors project and analyzes the impact it has on the existing system;
- Assists and monitors contractors through completion of the project.
EDUCATION: College Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience. Robotics & Industrial Automation Cert.
REQUIRED TRAINING: Robotic Technology, Electrical License an asset
RECOMMENDED TRAINING: 1 year experience, Computer Programming, PID Systems
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance
• RRSP retirement savings plan
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.