Automation Technician - Afternoon Shift
- # of Openings
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
An Automation Technician is responsible for the installation, calibration, maintenance, and continuous improvements of automated industrial machinery. As well to keep machinery running smoothly as they support production using ever evolving manufacturing technologies. All work must be performed in a safe, efficient manner in compliance with the local, provincial and/or federal rules and regulations, the Company and the Collective Agreement. Awareness and understanding of the Environmental Policy (ISO 14001) and Quality Policy (TS 16949) guidelines and how the position’s responsibilities impacts the environment and quality. Shows leadership to the workforce by his/her decision-making skills, motivational efforts, fairness and consistency, so that employees are well aware of their performance and individual importance in the department. Ensures personnel performing work affecting product quality shall be competent on the basis of on-going training appropriate education, skills and experience.
- Test, troubleshoot, and oversee implementation of new processes;
- Install retrofits to existing systems and troubleshoot hardware, software, and instrument problems;
- Supports start-up, maintenance and production activities;
- Create and maintain automated processes;
- Over-see procedures, writing reports and making sure that the processes you develop comply with quality standards and safety regulations;
- Available to work all shifts and hours as required by production/projects;
- Install, diagnose, repair PLCs, robots, electrical and mechanical systems;
- Plans projects by preparing cost, sketches/drawings and contacts contractors if required.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience;
- Manufacturing experience with a technical knowledge in programming, and troubleshooting of equipment;
- Superior analytical capabilities;
- Problem-solving and decision-making;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple projects;
- Experienced with Allen Bradley Rockwell PLCs, Siemens PLCs, Fanuc Robots, Nachi Robots, considered an asset;
- Injection Molding nad Automotive Painting experience considered an asset.
Required Training: PLC programming, Electrical License considered an asset.
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. Ontario Human Rights Code and AODA.