- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Texas, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Automation Specialist’s role is to support and initiate automation programs throughout the facility by implementing and maintaining automation projects and equipment.
- Implement new equipment in plant and co-ordinates activities with maintenance.
- Implement the necessary electrical, mechanical and programming improvements to reduce scrap and downtime.
- Construct and integrate end- of-arm tooling.
- Install and integrate vision systems.
- Program robots integrated with auxiliary equipment.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical breakdowns of automation equipment and complete repairs.
- University degree/College diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience of at least 4 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Fanuc robotics experience is a plus.
- Allen-Bradley and/or Siemens PLC/HMI experience is desired.
- Injection molding and/or robotic welding experience is valuable.
- Understanding Ethernet Communications is a plus.
- Vision system experience is beneficial.
- Lathe and milling machine experience is a plus.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Proven ability to troubleshoot
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and applications software.
- Ability to work effectively alone and prioritize.
- Must be a highly motivated, service and team-oriented individual with an attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites.
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Available to work all shifts and all days of the week.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Available to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals.
This job description is not inclusive. The duties, experience, functions, and any other descriptions herein may be changed at any time and other duties may be assigned as necessary. The company reserves the right to add, delete, or otherwise alter these responsibilities when and as necessary.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.