- # of Openings
- Ventra Evart, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Automation Engineer develops, edits, maintains, and troubleshoots automated actuators, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and motion controlled programs on manufacturing equipment and machinery. The Automation Engineer develops, edits, maintains, and troubleshoots automated actuators, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and motion controlled programs on manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Instruct and train all team process engineers and die setter in "real time" trouble shooting techniques. This includes basic electrical, mechanical and pneumatic functions of the robot and connections.
- Develop, organize and improve spare parts inventories.
- Participate in the advanced product quality planning activities for the development of control plans.
- Provide technical support for the production floor on a daily basis to meet production efficiency goals.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement, including cycle time reductions, and root cause analysis.
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- The incumbent is responsible for the awareness, understanding, specific responsibilities and management of the Environmental Management System (EMS) as stated in EMS policy CEVPL.00005.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred but experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing technology required.
- Competency with Allen Bradley PLC programming hardware and software.
- Competency with Allen Bradley Operator Interface hardware and software (primarily Panel View series)
- Ability to specify, assist with installation, debug and start-up of electrical control and power system equipment.
- PLC programming skills necessary to make a machine function properly and safely.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Project.Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
Troubleshooting and Problem Solving
Root Cause Analysis
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.