Automation Engineer - Afternoon Shift
- # of Openings
- Ventra Sandusky, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Automation Engineer develops, edits, maintains, and troubleshoots automated machines, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), camera systems, and robots on manufacturing equipment.
- Design, develop, and implement new equipment and processes.
- Provide technical support for the production floor on a daily basis to meet production efficiency goals. This includes basic electrical, mechanical and pneumatic functions and connections.
- Participate in advanced product planning activities for the development of new machines.
- Initiate and participate in continuous improvement, including cycle time reductions, and root cause analysis.
- Improve product quality by implementing various techniques such as visions systems and sensors.
- Optimization and integration of robots with other equipment.
- Communicate with maintenance to solve equipment problems.
- Support and follow all safety regulations.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent related experience in Electrical, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering.
- 1-3 years’ experience preferable in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Competency with PLC programming hardware and software (Allen Bradley Preferred)
- Experience with robotics (Nachi or Fanuc preferred).
- Ability to specify, assist with installation, debug and start-up of electrical control systems on new and existing equipment.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.