Account Manager - GM
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Advanced Product Development, LLC (MTC)
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
The Account Manager is the liaison between the customer and the supplier, and maintains a positive interface and book of business on behalf of the Company. The Account Manager is involved on all commercial issues as well as engineering changes and product from cradle to grave.
- Assists the Business Unit Manager for the GM product line, in all commercial aspects of the account.
- Works within and creates special projects involving cost modeling and customer workshops.
- Collaborates with the respective Program Manager to reconcile any account details.
- Manages specific account details and responsibilities to include purchase orders, pricing, part numbers, break downs applicable accruals, capacity constraint responses and engineering changes.
- Interfaces with the customer on key account activities.
- Coordinates the collection of outstanding commercial items in regards to tooling, banking, tooling refurbishment and engineering changes.
- Participates in, attends and/or leads customer meetings to review timeline, goals, objectives and other activities related to launch and ongoing programs.
- Explores opportunities to improve the margin on applicable projects by fostering a positive and proactive working relationship.
- Pursues new business ventures where applicable following Company process.
- Willingness and ability to travel on Company business up to 10%, within North America.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, both verbal and written, to present facts and information to management.
- Working knowledge of the automotive industry.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility of schedule and willingness to work outside of standard core hours when needed, including occasional work on weekends, or holidays.
- Familiarity and understanding of General Motors Systems such as EWO, TWO, 1804,1810 would be beneficial but is not a requirement for employment.
- Individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Ability to read, analyze, and create various documentation related to tooling, sales or engineering
- Proven ability to problem solve and reason and think critically.
- Self-starter, ability to take the initiative and independently manage role within the parameters of duties.
- Must be capable of explaining new ideas and concepts so others will understand.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 9280