2nd Shift Tooling Associate
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Rockford, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Flex-N-Gate Rockford is looking for an experienced Tooling Technician. The Tooling Technician will fabricate and repair molding dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures and guages and hand tools.
- Examine form and texture of plastic parts to detect imperfections on Class A surfaces
- Dismantle dies to access repair and tool
- Study specifications such as blue prints, sketches, models or descriptions and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate plastic parts
- Lift dies with overhead cranes
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances
- Connect writing and hydraulic lines to install electrical and hydraulic components
- Examine tools and recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of the part
- Working knowledge of mill, lathe, surface grinder TIG welding
- Knowledge of hydraulics and electrical trouble shooting
- Journeyman's card preferred
- 5 years of experience in tool and die
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Shift work required
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.