2nd Shift Production Manager
- # of Openings
- Flex-N-Gate Urbana LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 13th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Overall management, direction and coordination of all manufacturing processes throughout the facitliy.
Responsible to ensure production objectives are met while including safety, cost and quality considerations.
Accomplishes these objectives by delegating authority to key subordinates in manufacturing.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing functions with the principal objective of producting high quality products.
- Ensures the plant maintains a safe, clean and organized work environment. Implements and supports all aspects of 5S.
- Maintains continual focus on reducing scrap to lower production costs as well as reduce possibility of shipping sub-standard product to customers.
- Continually works toward lowest cost and increased utilization of all facilities to improve overall plant performance and maximize plant support equipment capabilities.
- Improves productivity throughout the plant through associate training, involvement in and implementation of lean manufacturing practices, and supporting implementation of the Business System goals and objectives.
- Creates an environment and culture where it is understood and enforced that associate safety is top priority.
- Provides direction to the manufacturing engineering department to troubleshoot and root cause all manufacturing issues.
- Coordinates and directs new product launches while continuing to drive down launch costs.
- Shares in associate training and associate meetings to keeps lines of communication open.
- Evaluate associate performance on a prescribed basis and recommend changes in positions and pay rates as required.
- Supervises direct report associates and has oversight of all manufacturing areas.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, finanical reports, government regulations and legal documents
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints from customers, regulartory agencies, employees or other Flex-n-Gate leadership
- Ability to write procedural and work instructions. Ability to effectively present information to top management and employees
- High degree of independent decision-making. Makes decisions concerning managment of all manufacturing areas of the facility.
- Highly organized
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in manufacturing related field and/or 5-8 years experience in a similar position in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have the ability to interface with and provide support to division and site management as well as all manufacturing departments and functions within the plant.
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Prefer a minimum of five years previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of injection molding and assembly processes is required.
- Attention to detail along with strong math aptitude is required.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.