2nd/3rd shift Maintenance Mechanic
- # of Openings
- Masterguard, LLC
Flex-N-Gate is a leading manufacturer and supplier of components for the automotive industry, recently ranked 10th of the 150 Top North American Suppliers in “Automotive News.” A growing and vital company, Flex-N-Gate provides a great opportunity for hard-working and skilled individuals.
Scope of the Position
Maintains all internal and external equipment; performs all mechanical, plumbing and welding obligations in respective departments. As well as sanitary systems and during winter outside snow removal. Installation of new equipment.
- Requires the ability to read and understand blueprints, assembly drawings, detailed drawings, and technical drawings such as orthographic and isometric
- Ability to read and understand schematics, pneumatic, and hydraulic
- Requires good communication skills in order to understand nature of machine problems by talking with operators and possible solutions by working with Supervisors, Managers and Equipment Manufacturers
- Carries out all math functions required by this occupation
- Works with Maintenance Manager, supervisor or maintenance clerk to define and order correct replacement parts.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Willing to work all overtime assigned
- Able to work under pressure
- Must be self motivated.
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Walk from machine to machine up to fifty percent (50%)
- Climb, bend, stoop, reach, crawl, push, grasp and feel up to seventy-five percent (75%)
- Continuously lift up to fifty (50) pounds, carrying up to ten (10) feet, six (6) feet in air by hand
- Move heavier loads by hand truck or fork truck
- Some outside work in adverse weather conditions
- Exposed to extreme noise levels periodically.
- Must be willing to work heights up to 60 feet.
High School diploma or experience demonstrating equivalent skills and abilities and two (2) years Technical Training.
Five (5) years of plant maintenance, mechanics, electrical and/or installation experience may substitute for Technical Education requirement.
Special Skills, Licenses, or Equipment:
- Must furnish own hand tools & tool box
- Must have a valid Indiana Driver’s License
- Achieve a passing score on General Fork Truck Training Test
- Basic math skills
- Read and understand process directions and tape measure
- Use hand truck to move materials.
- Must successfully complete lock out / tag out training
- Must possess knowledge of rigging
- Must possess knowledge of drive trains: gears, pulleys chains, bearings…
- Must possess knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Must be able to install piping/plumbing, both threaded pipe and CPVC.
- Must be able to perform metal fabrication.
• Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life and disability insurance; and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
• Extensive safety training, new hire orientation, continuous learning and development programs and tuition reimbursement
• Paid holidays and vacation time
What do our employees have to say?
“It engages you professionally, and provides learning opportunities.”
“Lots of growth opportunity.”
“The company’s young enough to be exciting, but old enough to be stable.”
Not just a job—a great place to work!
Flex-N-Gate is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled.